The Commuter Spending Account through WageWorks is a pre-tax benefit account used to pay for public transit, train, bus, eligible vanpool and qualified parking as part of your daily commute to work.
How it works:
- Decide how much you want to contribute to your commuter account
- The funds are withdrawn from your second paycheck of the month and placed in your account before taxes are deducted.
- You can stop contributions at any time if you feel you no longer want to take advantage of this opportunity.
How much can you contribute?
- For 2018, the contribution maximum is $260 per month for transit and eligible vanpool expenses
- Maximum of $260 for qualified parking expenses
How to sign up for the Commuter Spending Account:
For more information and to enroll in the program go to www.wageworks/kp/commute