You can cut your commute costs by more than half by sharing the ride with someone who makes the same commute to work daily. By either carpooling or vanpooling, you can have access to the HOV (High Occupancy Vehicle) lanes on the freeway or highway.
- A carpool is two or more KP employees who commute to work together at least three days a week. Participating in the carpool program allows 50% off the cost of parking in the Employee Parking Lot and designated carpool spaces.
- Each member of the carpool group will need to register for the commuter program as a carpool user.
- A vanpool is a group of seven to 15 people who commute together in a van on a regular basis. The coordinator usually drives and maintains the vehicle while the riders pay a monthly fare.
- Vanpool groups will receive a $50/ month vanpool subsidy and free designated parking at the Employee Parking lot.
- Take advantage of WageWorks’s Commuter Spending Account, a pre-tax benefit to help you put extra money in your pocket each month and make your commute more convenient and affordable.